26 December 2011

Christmas Day

Our tradition Christmas morning is to wake up, come downstairs and see what Santa brought, eat breakfast and then open the rest of the gifts before heading to Jeremy's side to celebrate with his extended family. This year I was so excited to wake up and watch the girls open their gifts. They are both at such a fun age. Santa brought the Bitty Baby for Allie, and the soft Rapunzel doll for Audrey, as requested. After our Happy Birthday Jesus breakfast of gluten free cinnamon rolls, sausage balls and fruit, Allie opened more train accessories for her table, swimsuit and sunglasses, a Thomas pillow pet, Bitty Baby carrier and bathtub, more Bitty accessories and a princess nightgown. Audrey also got a car seat carrier for her dolls (I thought this would be a nice touch with the baby coming soon and them seeing me with a carrier all the time--I knew they'd want to use it, so I got them their own!), a talking and reading Belle doll, swimsuit and sunglasses and a princess nightgown amongst other things.

Santa brought me a stocking full of M&M's this year (I hope he has teamed up with the Easter Bunny to bring me Weight Watcher gift certificates once this baby is born!). Jeremy and I set a minimal amount to exchange gifts in which we had to come up with ideas on our own for each other (no lists!). He got me  a drink serving tray for entertaining, a body pillow for my uncomfortable pregnant self and a much needed iPhone case.  I got him World Series Cardinal beer steins, a Blu-Ray movie and Special Ops book. This fall we bought  a new camera lens, so that was kinda my Christmas. We got an iPad from his parents, which was our big gift this year. My Keurig coffee maker might be my favorite gift I received this Christmas, aside from my gluten free bread maker I'll be ordering soon. We are all so blessed every Christmas at the generosity of our families. Each year I try to think of ways to teach the girls more about giving, generosity and compassion. I hope this next year we can make great advances in that area.

the girls at the top of the stairs, waiting patiently to come see what Santa brought. 

Rapunzel and Bitty and stockings from Santa. Santa only brings one thing at our house. Mom and Dad give everything else. 

Audrey super excited

Allie saying, "Bitty"




crumbs from the milk and cookies that we left for Santa

what Santa filled my stocking with. 24 bags of peanut m&m's. and a  small gift certificate to Starbucks. Wish it would have been $24 to Starbucks and one small package of m&m's!




a brand new Bitty--already without clothes








sporting her new swimsuit and playing with her Thomas table




sneaking her second cookie at Aunt Vals

The little girls coloring. Audrey, Hannah, Lilah and Allie

Audrey and Hannah






Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.