18 March 2012

land owners

Late last year we, together with Jeremy's family, bought 80 acres of farm ground close to his family's farm. His Dad and Uncle will farm it, along with the 610 acres they already own. Today they were tilling up the ground in preparation for planting. It's really important to us (Jeremy) that the girls know and appreciate their heritage, their livelihood and the farming process in general. Jeremy walked the land, drove the tractor and explored our purchase today.

Allie is his little farmer. She loves to ride in the tractor, loves to get dirty and play in the dirt. Audrey and I like to appreciate the farm from further away.

Allie rode in the tractor with Daddy and Grandpa and we all hiked down to see the beaver damn. Audrey again refused the tractor. She was content to ride her new scooter up and down the country roads. (with Grandma's supervision).

Ava and I hung out in the van most of the time, although I was able to capture our trip with a few pictures. When we all hiked down amidst tall scratchy grass and sticks to see the beaver damn I felt like I was in that book, "Going on a Bear Hunt" where the characters travel through grass and mud and a river on their adventure.


can't you just see the pride in Jeremy's eyes that his daughter is playing in the field??


so content to just ride her scooter

part of our land

the girls with Grandma. Walking to see the beaver damn











Allie fell asleep during her tractor ride. 






Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.