23 March 2012

Little blurbs about Allie






Allie is my handful.

She loves to explore her world. Today at the Gap she explored every last pair of the colorful kid sunglasses within reach, putting them on, taking them off, putting on another pair, almost always upside down.

The other day, she had quite the morning.
 
Allie greeted me on the stairs this morning with chocolate ALL over her face. It became apparent she licked all the organic chocolate from her granola bar and left the oats behind.  Later, she got too anxious about her shaped macaroni and cheese for lunch and it ended up all over the kitchen floor. 

It's time to get everyone in the car for preschool, and instead of getting in her seat like I asked, she takes the 30 seconds it takes me to get Ava in her car seat to run her hands all alongside the dirty van, making them black. I just gave her "the look" and she says, "sorry mommy" and heads to the bathroom to wash them.

The above was all today, just before 9 am.

And then...

Ava, Allie and I ventured to Target. Allie had to walk due to me putting Ava's car seat in the back of the cart. We only needed two things. Just two. Upon entering Target I did have to laugh to myself as out of the corner of my eye I see Allie waving at everyone we passed. Just like a princess in a parade.

When I ran into a fellow preschool mom and stopped to chat, Allie proceeds to push the cart (I'm now holding Ava) toward a full rack of wine bottles. I caught it just in time but a few minutes later, I looked down to see her holding a bottle of wine and saying, "for Daddy." I grabbed it before it could shatter all over. I think I'm the one who's gonna need the bottle of wine!

And then, to round out our morning, when I asked her to go wash up for lunch, she did. But she left the water running like she normally does. But this time she'd plugged up the drain without my knowing and I happen to catch it as the water was level with the sink. 5 seconds later and there would have been water ALL over the floor.  Oh, Allie.

She keeps me on my toes, and it's a good thing she loves to take a bath. Yesterday we went out to look at what was sprouting in our garden--and where Audrey would never dare put her hands in the dirt voluntarily, Allie wasted no time sticking her hands in the fresh black dirt, spreading it around, picking up handfuls and then throwing it back down. (sigh) 


Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.