26 August 2013

Allie's First Day of Pre-K

In her jean mini skort and white sandals she jumped out of the van while saying to me, "Mommy, I'm scared." Excited to wear her outfit that matched Audrey's that day, it didn't outweigh the butterflies she had about visiting preschool today. Poor Allie has been dreading starting school. It's not like the idea of preschool is new to her, she has visited this building hundreds of times when taking Audrey. But lately she's going through a new phase of being scared to leave me. We have seen this at church too. Her shirt today I bought on vacation this summer. It reads, "Art class is my favorite." For sure. It's true. The girl loves to paint, draw and create. She's awesome when it comes to crafts.

Her lalaloopsy backpack is almost as big as she is, but she's excited to wear it and excited to give her teacher the pictures she requested.  Allie knows her teacher because she comes to my Gluten Free meetings. The teacher had requested two pictures of Allie and one of the family. I didn't have a picture of Allie not in a swim suit from this summer. It was time for a photo shoot. A mini one. Allie told me I could take 10 pictures. And that was all. She had no interest in going outside for the photo shoot, but wanted to sit at the desk I used for Audrey's back to school photos. When I told her to say, "I love school." She said, "I don't like school!" 

She washed her hands, needed help down from the huge stool in the bathroom, hung up her backpack and headed to her classroom.

The first day of preschool is a visit to school with Mommy. We went for about a half an hour. In that time, Allie found her hook for her backpack, made a name tag, found some awesome toys and played, listened to a story in pretend circle time and then we came home. Easy peasy. So easy in fact, she wasn't ready to go.














Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.