My sister in law Hannah, was a great help in prepping last minute details this year as I was up at the school instead of being here, as in years past. She also helped me decide on journals for the favors instead of the five other ideas I had and just couldn't decide.
On the Menu this year: Sage sausage, egg and hash brown casserole, egg and bacon cups (from I Quit Sugar by Sarah Wilson), Mini Blueberry Muffins, my Pumpkin Bars, cheese truffles with fruit and crackers, Apple Cake (adapted from Cooking with Isaiah), Banana Bread and fresh apples. Orange juice, coffee, sweet tea and water to drink in mason jars of course with coordinating colored straws--not the paper ones, because although cute, no one likes to drink out of them. I always have a last minute, morning of recipe that I decide to make. This year it was banana bread and I think it turned out great, considering you're playing a risky game making anything gluten free with the word bread in the title. I used the recipe from an ABC cookbook I got in the 5th grade and changed a few ingredients to make it gluten free.
I got the subway art from Sweet Coconut Lime as a back to school freebie and
the invitation I created using Birthday Wishes and Cupcake Dreams back to school digital package. The food tent cards and tags also came from there.
The circle tags tied on to the journals came from TomKat Studio and I created the 5x5 journal tag that attached to each one.
Sarah













No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.