Happy Birthday to my Audrey. I can't believe you're four years old! I nearly hyperventilate thinking about you turning five and going to Kindergarten. If I could, I would freeze time just a little so you wouldn't grow up so fast.
You love preschool, playing with kids your age and doing crafts and singing songs. I love how we work on your preschool workbooks together and reading princess books before bed is one of the highlights of my day. You still prefer puzzles as a quiet time activity, if you aren't dressing your baby dolls or quietly singing in your room. I love listening to you pray and answering your questions about God. You can be quite the story teller. You really like Rapunzel, and the other princesses. Your favorite movie is a tie between "Belle" and Tangled. You don't really care for Sesame Street in the morning anymore but you love The Cat in the Hat. Cereal is your favorite breakfast food and you have your own thoughts and opinions about other foods you'll eat or even try. You continue to excel at gymnastics and love your time at Kindermusik. You are starting to embrace your role as big sister and I know you'll be an excellent help with your new baby sister in a few months.
If I'd known you were going to be a healthy, tall, energetic, smart and beautiful four year old, I wouldn't have worried so much when you got sick in your first 24 hours of being born. After 7 days of antibiotics you were fine and able to come home. We never did figure out why you spiked a fever and cried uncontrollably for about 12 hours. Those first rough days taught me a lot in a small amount of time about appreciating your life and not taking it for granted. I'm thankful for you everyday. I hope you know how very special you are to Daddy and me.
Happy 4th Birthday Auds!
On Saturday we celebrated with friends and family but TODAY was Audrey's actual birthday. We celebrated at breakfast, at lunch and again, with dessert after dinner. She didn't want to blow out the candles at her parties, but had no fears blowing out the candles three times today! Preschool celebrated her birthday today too. On their birthday, the kids get to pick out a special snack and be the helper all day. They also get a birthday crown and pencil. Audrey chose to hand out tractors to the boys and heart bracelets to the girls. During story time, I read, "Pinkalicious School Rules," Audrey's choice.
 |
| opening her Rapunzel singing card this morning |
 |
| Daddy reading her card to her |
 |
| yep, a cupcake for breakfast. |
 |
| sitting in the birthday candle chair at school |
 |
| getting ready for snack, with her birthday crown and pencil |
 |
| handing out treats to her classmates. Audrey picked frozen GoGurts as her snack. |
 |
| Allie joined the kids for a snack |
 |
| cake pops from Starbucks for a lunch dessert treat |
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.