15 November 2012

Oh seriously now


Today the stars were just not aligning.

For instance. Today, Audrey had a make-up gymnastics lesson at 4. At literally 3:49 we were all sitting in the family room, the girls relaxing with a snack and watching a show while I gave Ava a bottle when Audrey said, "Mom. What about gymnastics???" I reached for my phone for the time. Eek! "Let's go girls, get in the car!" The car with no gas, mind you. On fumes we made it to gymnastics and I pulled up to the front door, let Audrey out, made sure she got inside, waved at her teacher and told her I'd be right back. and took the littles across the street to the gas station. everyone in town was getting gas at that  time. when it was our turn, I realized I left my wallet at home. seriously universe. my bloating and upset stomach for the last 5 months combined with the existing celiac disease that makes holidays and life in general plain hard, little stuff, like, forgetting my wallet when I'm unsure the van would make it the 5 miles home, tends to stress me. To end this story, I texted Jeremy and he was able to drop off the credit card in less than 2 minutes. One problem solved.

the girls now were asleep in the car. I did think, I'd just stay in the van until the end of class and let them sleep...but I really wanted to see Audrey in this particular class. So we trooped into the gym, Ava in her car seat stroller and Allie on my hip. It takes coordination to carry a thirty five pound toddler  and push a cheap stroller frame and open the door and turn the corner, etc. So much so that I didn't even care Allie hadn't put on shoes. 

Hoping the stars align more tomorrow.






Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.