24 November 2012

Elf on the Shelf Brunch

Our Elf on the Shelf came today for the season and we welcomed him with a gluten free brunch full of sugar. Because the three food groups of the north pole are candy canes, candy corn and maple syrup.
Blueberry Waffles and Pure Maple Syrup
Bacon
Sausage and Cheese Biscuits 
Orange Juice and Green Tea
North Pole Cupcakes

Audrey named our elf years ago. His name is Oak. He always leaves notes for the girls and brings them a little gift from the North Pole. This year he brought the older girls plush My Little Ponies and Ava got a plush "My First Christmas" ornament. The girls were thrilled to bring Oak back out. Daddy read the story of Oak and explained to Allie why she can't touch him. (Because if she does, his magic he uses to fly every night to the North Pole will go away). This brunch always signifies the start of the Christmas season for us.




These North Pole cupcakes I thought turned out cute, even though I didn't put the tag titling them as such, like the ones I saw on the internet. I used vanilla cupcakes from King Arthur (gluten free), almond decorator frosting, a Spangler candy cane (gluten free) and a red M&M on the top. I got the idea from Kara's Party Ideas and then just made them gluten free. The icing is both gluten and dairy free. And, I will say (even though I've sworn off sugar a million times), they were yummy.


sweet bacon

Pamela's baking mix, shortening and milk. then I added sausage and cheese. I didn't eat them due to the dairy, but Jeremy and the girls liked them. 

Ava super excited about the brunch
Jeremy reading the Elf on the Shelf book

the girls reading their notes that Oak left for them.

After the yummy food, we wrote letters to Santa.






Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.