On Thanksgiving day we go to my Grandma's on my mom's side ALL day, because we never get to spend Christmas with that side. We eat, I facilitate a craft for the kiddos and young folk, people plan out their black Friday shopping, boys go outside and do boy things (obviously, I'm never invited to partake in that) and then most everyone comes back to eat supper together. It's a big group. Then, on Friday, we go to Jeremy's side of the family and eat another HUGE meal, play games, chat, fry up some potato cakes and the kids play until it's time to go home. As a gluten free girl for six years now, the holidays tend to add more stress than they alleviate. Being a mom comes with it's own amount of holiday stress--packing enough clothes, diapers, formula, etc for an 8 hour day, but then packing food and drink for me. This year, I didn't even know what to take my eating habits and various diets I've been trying have been so bizarre. Despite all that mess, here is what I'm Thankful for this Thanksgiving: and I'm just going to say, yes, I'm very blessed and thankful for my family, my amazing husband and my beautiful baby girls. Of course.
This list is just a random list of other things I was thankful for this holiday:
1. gluten free oven ready turkeys.
2. the outhouse located at the nature center. (don't ask)
3. watching the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade with my girls
4. 41 chairs at my Grandma's Thanksgiving table.
5. warm weather
6. lots of cousins to play with my girls
7. my camera
8. religious freedom
9. our small group
10. my ability to make gluten free pumpkin pie.
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.