We sing and blow out candles at breakfast, lunch and supper.
We try to have the birthday persons favorite foods.
We throw parties.
We celebrate our kids everyday, of course, and try to make them feel as special and loved as possible in the chaos that is our everyday. But we believe it's good to kick it up a notch for their actual birthdays. It doesn't have to be expensive gifts or a huge expensive party, as long as they have fun and they feel loved and know we are celebrating them because we love that they are in our lives.
Since today is Wednesday and Audrey's party isn't until Saturday, we asked the grandparents to come up, have supper, have cake to make her day a little extra special. It was nice to do this and I'm sure we'll do it again. When the whole family is here it's not as intimate and low key as when it's just us and grandparents. But first, Audrey celebrated her birthday at school this morning and handed out Strawberry Shortcake pencils to all her classmates. Her class made her a special card.
For her birthday, Audrey requested a chocolate cake with pink icing decorated like a strawberry shortcake village. I had a plan and that plan fell through. I don't know what it is with me and cakes this year! Man! So, we made cupcakes instead. The icing was dairy free, so my mom could eat it and I could eat it. The almond icing mixed with the chocolate was delicious. And apparently Audrey thought so because while I was busy making dinner, she snuck into the dining room and asked if she could have some strawberries. I said yes, as there was a bowl of them on the table. Later, I came in and saw she'd eaten the strawberries off the top of the cupcakes, and helped herself to two cupcakes too! Little stinker.
For supper we had calzones with dipping sauce. Some with veggies, some with sausage and pepperoni, some without cheese and some with.
We got Audrey a guitar as she loves anything rock star this year and she's been asking for one for awhile. Grandmother and Grandpa got her a doll bed for her babies complete with little doll bedding. Grandma and Grandpa S. got her a Dream Lite and Doc McStuffins doll. She was thrilled with all her presents.
![]() |
| breakfast. |
![]() |
| Like I said, they get to pick their favorite foods, and she really wanted Fruity Pebbles cereal. We never get this anymore, so it was a treat. |
![]() |
| As much as she hates blowing out candles, she will do it when it's just us. |
![]() |
| make a wish! |
![]() |
| twirling around on the front porch as I was getting ready to take her picture before school |
![]() |
| showing what she was taking to school to celebrate: SS pencils and napkins |
![]() |
| Allie and Ava got Audrey crayons and a My Little Pony coloring book. |
![]() |
| we had to celebrate in Strawberry Shortcake style with tablecloth, napkins and plates for dessert. |
![]() |
| Audrey was getting a little nervous here as we were all staring at her and singing |
I decided to try the movie feature on my SLR camera so I missed the blowing out of the candle picture.
Sarah


















No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.