06 February 2013

Cake and Presents!

Ava's first birthday celebration. I'm still in denial that my baby will be one year old tomorrow.

Today is  Feb 6th, the day before Ava's birthday and three days before her big family party.  We invited the grandparents up for supper and cake and presents for Ava's birthday.

Grandmother and Grandpa gave Ava a rocking chair, similar to Audrey's that she got at one year. Grandpa and Grandma S. gave Ava a few new outfits and cute dresses.

Ava loved her cake and attacked it. I gave her a large piece and she picked it all up at once and shoved it in her mouth. It was hilarious. I found a really cute butterfly cake online that is just an 8" round cake layer cut into several pieces and then arranged to look like a butterfly. I ran out of time to do that, so I was just going to ice the 8" round cake with several colors. When I began to randomly spread out the frosting it looked like wings, so I went with it, but went a little far when I added the yellow. It ended up looking more like an angel than a butterfly. Sorry, Ava. I have to remember that cake decorating takes time. But it tasted good. And it was homemade.




just imagine that it looks like a butterfly. 

















Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.