12 February 2013

tuesday. pink cupcakes, swim and the dentist

Today Grandma came in to help with swimming lessons and dentist appointments. Audrey and Allie are huge handfuls at the dentist. Luckily, there were no cavities. There is always drama. Audrey hates having her teeth cleaned, hates the noise of the machine, doesn't like how their brush feels in her mouth and loathes the painted on fluoride at the end. Many tears. And yes, this is a children's dentist, who is exceptional. We just can't do anything easy around here. Allie, well, she started off fine, and then kept pushing the dentist away so much that I had to hold her on my lap, one leg on either side of my hips and the dentist then leaned her back into her lap. She kicked and squirmed the entire time. It's a good thing we didn't have Ava with us.  Oh and she hated that fluoride paste too. And the flossing, and the brushing.......

Audrey did well at swimming. She's asking me to take lots of pictures lately and send them to Daddy on the phone. Video too, of course. I'm hoping her confidence takes a big leap. She's still kinda stuck in lane 1, the beginning of the road.

In between swim and the dentist Grandma gave the girls their Valentine's. Individualized poems alongside stuffed bears and heart lockets. Perfect!  I love non food gifts!!! And the girls, I'm sure will love reading these poems again when they are older.

Then, it was time for cupcakes! We made our Valentine cupcakes today because tomorrow is Ash Wednesday. I've thought and tried and experimented with quitting sugar for awhile and decided for the next 40 days to be pretty strict with it and see if it makes a difference in how I feel. So we had to make the cupcakes and homemade buttercream icing today so I could have one or two. Ahem, or three. And then be done. No sugar. 40 days. 


Before we could make these delectable goodies we had to...

go to the dentist.



 Then, Audrey and Allie both helped stir up the cupcakes, but only Audrey helped put them in the liners. That proved to be too difficult for three year old Allie.

while the cupcakes baked and cooled the girls played princess figurines...


 and Ava waited for someone to feed her lunch

 and then she had to go find her sisters...

they were playing underneath the piano bench. It was kinda hard to capture that, as the space is quite tiny.






time to decorate!



 less sprinkles is more . cupcake by Audrey

Allie believes more sprinkles is better



These are Allies cupcakes. I love how she globs the icing on them. And I'm being serious. Very artistic.



Audrey's are in the front. Allie's in the back.








Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.