Allie had swim lessons tonight so we didn't plan a huge family meal. When I ran out to get a few staples before dinner I saw a stretch limo and thought to myself, oh how Valentine's Day has changed since we had kids! It's not as romantic now, that's for sure. But that's life in general, not just February 14th. No more candlelight dinners with bottles of wine in front of the fireplace. Just loud dinners with half of it ending on the floor, everyone complaining about not liking what's on their plate and thinking up lots of excuses of why they don't need to eat it. That's not every meal around here, but it's close. I'm not complaining. That's just life right now. There's still love. It's just expressed differently.
The girls opened their gifts at breakfast. Audrey got a Sofia The First book, a show that she's completely enthralled with right now. We got Allie the Peter Pan movie and Ava got a fun puzzle with animal sounds.
Then, we went to Allie's gymnastics class where Ava tried with all her might to get out on the floor and had no interest in playing in the provided playroom. It's a long 45 minute class for Momma. **Short blurb about Allie. While stretching today in class and sitting in a straddle the kids were supposed to reach down and touch their nose to the money on their mats. Instead of bringing her nose to the money, Allie just picked up the mat and brought it to her nose!
The kids exchanged Valentine's with some of their BFF's this afternoon and the girls made peanut butter cookies with me. It's our staple gluten free PB cookie. peanut butter. sugar and an egg. We just rolled it in colored sugar for V-day.
Audrey begged and begged to go "cheer Allie on" at swim, so we let her go. This meant it was just me and Ava. I actually got to play with her, one on one without interruption. Those moments are rare, but I love them when they do happen.
A very low key Valentine's Day it was.
 |
| the tags on the girls' gifts |
 |
| Allie's gift before she opened it |
 |
| Peter Pan! |
 |
| This is the only Sofia thing I could find locally, and I scored the last copy. |
,
 |
| a cupcake made with love packaged up and ready to go |
 |
| our cookies before they were baked. if you can see the smashed cookies in the back, those are Allie's. She lightly flattened them herself. |
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.