I'll be honest, when my babies are cranky, I'm cranky. I hate not being able to fix the problem. She cried even if I held her today. She refused to sleep. Refused to eat. Cried if I put her down, cried if I picked her up. We got in the car early to take Audrey to school thinking she was just overly tired and needed to go to sleep. Normally, that would do the trick. Today it didn't.
I finally got her to sleep 15 minutes before we needed to leave to pick up Audrey from school and head to Allie's dance class. Luckily, a fellow mom brought Audrey out to the car today so I didn't have to lug everyone in, including sleeping Ava.
On a whim on our way to dance I called her Dr. to see if I could get her in this afternoon. It was now 3:30. We lucked out. Jeremy came to take Allie home from dance and we headed to the Dr. I knew Ava was either getting teeth, or had an ear infection. And her Dr. said the same thing when he walked in and saw her sucking on her fingers.
And later tonight, after only one dose of antibiotic she began to perk up and become her fun loving smiling self. I don't like to overuse antibiotics as I personally fear a leaky gut for them, more so than immunity, but when I mentioned that to her Dr. he said that on the other hand if left untreated it could cause her to go deaf. I think we made a good choice.
Allie was so excited that she got to ride in Daddy's car. When she came in the door after dance she said, "Auds, I got to ride in Daddy's car!" And she was using her "You won't believe this" voice. Too cute.
Tonight was also Daddy's night at Audrey's preschool. When Allie was feeling left out, AKA pouting that she didn't get to go, I told her we could have a Mommy and girls night here at home. In the end, that made it all ok and in the midst of doing stuff we normally do Allie said, "This is so much fun!"
Allie put her pajamas on all by herself--a new skill that she's super pumped about--and exclaimed, "I did it!"
For Daddy's night Audrey was to wear a favorite team shirt or jersey. Audrey didn't have a Cardinal shirt. But more importantly to her, she didn't have any fancy shoes to wear. Or a necklace. AND when we went to the mall and looked at every store for either a baseball shirt or a dress, all she asked about was if she could look at the shoes. Finally, at the sixth store without finding a dress she liked or a team shirt, she started saying that her legs hurt. I'm thinking, thank heavens cause my legs hurt like four stores ago! We found an adorable polo type Cardinal dress at our last stop--and I can't believe I bought a size 6x for her. And, in these pictures it almost appears too short. Gracious she's growing like a weed. We did not get fancy shoes, or a necklace but I did get her "lipstick". Oh my goodness I almost forgot about the make-up crisis. She just HAD to have make-up for Dad's night. It was so precious, I didn't have to heart to not get her anything when she was near tears thinking she had to have lipstick to look pretty, so I got her Burt's Bee's tinted lip balm. She took one of my old red purses with the "lipstick" in it. So cute. She likes having her own lotion and lip balm/make-up. It makes her feel special.
At the supper table tonight before they left Audrey was bragging to Allie that they got to eat cake at Dad's night, even though the invitation said they'd have popcorn and root beer. Allie said "Well Mom, we better get started on our cake." I told her we had cookies and assured her Audrey was not having cake. Jeremy and Audrey came home right as Ava puked up her almond milk. Perfect timing! Audrey made a sports finger--like those foam fingers you get at sporting events for Dad's night because he's her number one Dad. On the other side they had to answer questions about their Dad. I thought her responses to his weight and age were funny. He weighs 80 pounds and is 85 years old.
What a day.
![]() |
| Audrey and Daddy |
![]() |
| She built this at Dad's night. |
Sarah


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.