On Good Friday, Audrey and I made cupcakes for Easter at Aunt Carols. They look like little Easter baskets, but this year I simplified and left off the handles (usually made with pipe cleaner or candy). I iced them and Audrey did most of the decorating. We made homemade buttercream icing and dyed it different colors in lieu of coloring Easter eggs this year. I momentarily left Audrey in the kitchen stirring up the yellow icing so I could attend to Allie. When I peeked in at her, I see she's added over half of the little yellow bottle of food coloring to her half a cup of icing. I didn't tell her to add more but she apparently thought it wasn't yellow enough. She could have made more of a mess than she did. her hands were yellow and she ruined the yellow food coloring bottle but all in all, little damage was done. She was then reassigned to decorating the cupcakes and Daddy was called in to watch Allie. I iced them and would give them to her to add sugar, sprinkles and coconut.
I love baking/cooking with Audrey. She loves to pour the ingredients into the bowl and stir them up. Whenever I'm in the kitchen making dinner or dessert I hear, "me help mommy!" and there she comes pulling her chair up to the island. I try not to freak out about the messes she makes as she's only 2 and I want her to keep that enthusiasm about helping! I want her to enjoy being in the kitchen and hope that's something we can share for years to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.