10 April 2010

Day Three

By the end of Day Two Audrey couldn't wait for Daddy to get home. I can't blame her, I get excited when he comes home too. Daddy however, had no more luck than Mommy. Although we did manage to take a walk without any accidents. By the end of the night she reluctantly went into the bathroom but was able to earn Bitty back in time for bed. We clapped, we cheered, we gave her hugs and told her how proud we were of her.

Day Three:

Saturday. Jeremy let me sleep in as I was nursing a cold. By the time I woke up at 8:20, Bitty was back in the closet. Jeremy said Audrey brought the baby to him and said, "me pee." She knew because she had an accident that Bitty would have to go in the closet. This time though, she wanted to put her there. We had gymnastics, which still requires a diaper. In the middle of class she hesitated enough I could tell she was going in her diaper. The teacher asked her if she needed to go potty and she shook her head yes. I told the teacher no worries, she was wearing a diaper. If you've ever tried to get a toddler on the potty when she's wearing a leotard you understand why I let her continue with class.

Early afternoon: We were getting ready for dinner guests. I was busy making cheese truffles so I sent Audrey into the bathroom, telling her I'd be in in a minute. A few minutes later I hear cries. Knowing immediately what happened I run to the bathroom with my cheese and pecan covered hands and find what I suspected: Audrey had fallen in the toilet again. She sat down, forgetting to put her training seat on. I pull her out, wring out her pink Ralph Lauren dress and we start the process again. I honestly can't tell you if she peed or not that time. I do know for certain she washed her hands.


Audrey woke up around 5 pm from her nap. It was 7:30 and she'd had juice and milk and still claimed she didn't have to go. I knew she had to. We coerced her on the potty and she went, which meant, she got Bitty back. All night she had been playing with Avery's Bitty Baby. When he came out of the bathroom she promptly gave Avery's back and said, "my Bitty, high" which meant, I get my Bitty back who is up high in the closet.

Near bedtime she was refusing to use the bathroom until finally she grabbed her doll and went. The trip was a success and she earned back "pink" baby. The only baby still in my possession is Baby Paige. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.