05 April 2010

Lately

So much has happened lately it's hard to find 10 minutes to update the blog! And it always takes more than 10 minutes it seems. In a nutshell the last week and a half:

* Audrey had a playdate with Olivia and Elizabeth where we learned that Elizabeth is deathly afraid of ladybugs. Audrey now is afraid of ladybugs and won't go anywhere near them. They are everywhere right now--including her new swingset.

* I can't seem to get a decent picture of my two girls together--Allie doesn't sit up yet (which has also proven to be difficult to get her 3 month picture myself--I need some beanbags and extra hands!) and Audrey has no desire to have her picture taken WITH Allie. She'll smile like a model by herself, but ask her to sit by Allie or forbid hold her, and short of physically making her do it, she won't. So after several failed attempts I was frustrated and wanted pictures for Easter. I broke down and made an appointment at Portrait Innovations. I know I know--but it was 3 days before Easter and I was running out of time. Naturally, they weren't that great and Audrey, oh my word, would NOT cooperate. I didn't get any of them together, which is what i set out to accomplish. I did however get a darling picture of Allie. 3 month picture: check!
When we got in the car that day I asked Audrey if she'd just rather have mommy take her picture and she shook her head no. Then she said, "ahmmumm" which means, Aunt Autumn. So, we scheduled a date with Aunt Autumn but the timing didn't work out and the girls (including myself) melted down before we could get it done. So, maybe I'll shoot for family photos instead of the girls together, or just always do separate pictures of them, for now. But really, what's the point of matchy matchy outfits if you don't get a picture of them!?

* Amber Alert! Well, almost. I lost Audrey in the Gap last week. That was the day I ordered my double stroller. It was the same day we tried the photo shoot in their matching Easter outfits at Portrait Innovations. We had had a rough morning but we were out and Audrey reminded me we needed to return the puppy. Little background: the week before, Audrey had shoplifted a little stuffed puppy from Baby Gap. I realize this as we exit the mall, but had been called home as Allie had been screaming for the last 2 hours. So, I wasn't going to take it back then, I needed to get home, NOW! I stressed to Audrey what she did was wrong because we didn't pay for the puppy. I think she got it as every time we got in the car she reminded me we needed to return the puppy. So I thought, ok, now is as good of a time as any, and I didn't want to put it off any longer. Audrey helped me push Allie into the Gap, she put the puppy back on the shelf and that was that. I should have just left the store then but didn't. A short while later I tell Audrey that we're done in her section and that we're going to Mommy's. I turn around to grab a size 5 swimsuit for her and she was gone. Just like they tell you all those scary thoughts start to run through your head. I quickly glance over the baby section, all the while trying to keep the stroller in view--I can't lose 2 kids in one day. I quickly check the dressing room entrance--she couldn't have gotten that far in 15 seconds! I immediately tell a sales associate and she finds her right away in my section! So, actually, she listened and went where she was supposed to! I'm not sure what's more disturbing, the fact I lost her or the fact she knew where my section was in the Gap!

* I think we've lived outside the last week it's been so nice and I have sooooo many pictures! I will post some soon!



Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.