13 October 2011

A little perspective

Oh yes, that's permanent marker all over her legs, sweater and new shirt.

I felt like crying today. And I did a little. Sometimes I just need to be reminded of how good I have it. I began the day overwhelmed and stressed and then I became friends with a very old friend on FB. After reading his status updates from the past month and visiting his daughters caring bridge website my perspective changed. Catching up on their life threw my dirty floor and vomit smelling couch into perspective. The raisins stuck to my kitchen floor suddenly didn't matter, and the dirty dishes in the sink, stacked up like the jobs on my to-do list seemed trivial. These said things do tend to stress me out, but I can't imagine one day in the life of him or his wife and what they endure everyday.



The fact I'm juggling too many plates seems pathetically selfish. After all, I'm in control of those plates and how many I choose to balance.  When I think about how big my girls are getting, and the little one coming to join the party in February, my mind starts to overload a bit. But I'm so thankful for their overall health (despite the coughing, mucus and occasional vomiting of the past few weeks. These things will pass).


This fall, I'll be honest, we've been more busy than I anticipated, and now that we're in the thick of it, busier than I'd like to be. There is a simple solution. Do less. I'm learning the ever so complicated lesson of saying, "no." Turning down opportunities and only taking on those that will benefit my family. Hopefully by the first of the year, I've learned this lesson.





Sarahand charge more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.