Audrey always begs to go to McDonald's. Tonight we decided to make our own happy meals, complete with a toy. I would have put them in little boxes too but we decided to do this at 2:00 p.m. Jeremy was gone for a meeting or something, so we couldn't make homemade fries, which would have been tons better than the frozen fries I purchased. Cheeseburger for Auds, Nuggets for Allie, and apple slices for both. I couldn't find gluten free buns today so Audrey used bread--which if you're familiar with GF bread, doesn't work as well. Ava was content with her peas and she had a french fry or two. I had little Strawberry Shortcake rings left over from Audrey's party so the older girls got one of those. And we spiced it up a bit and used Dora plates. Overall, a fun activity. I want the girls to understand how delicious (and healthy) food can be when made yourself at home.
Sarah


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.