15 April 2013

A new bike for Allie

We promised Allie that if she started to wear panties, and stopped wearing diapers, then we'd get her a big girl bike.

She finally got on board.

I can't even remember how exactly it went down, but when changing her diaper this morning, she said she wanted to put on panties. For a mom who has been trying to get her potty trained for months, I said, "Ok!" And that was that. She went the entire day with no accidents and we even went to preschool twice, dance class and the store. I'll be elated if this sticks. But, to hold up our end of the bargain, we went to pick out a bike. She got her outfit for the dance recital today at class, and it's oh so cute. She will make the cutest bunny!


 We got her a 14" bike and there were only three choices. Lalaloopsy, Cinderella and the Fairies bike that Audrey has. She picked Lalaloopsy. And she rides it well. I like the little basket on the front and the streamers. We've already tried to put Bitty in the backseat and she fits perfectly.  I think she logged 2 miles around the store, and another around the house. It was too cold and dark to ride outside tonight after we got home so she rode the circle around our main level. 




(In a few years, Ava. In a few years)


Allie deciding to be a big girl was great news. I'm so proud of her. I wish the whole day could have brought nothing but great news.

*Our hearts are with Boston tonight, and all the people forever changed by today's events. *






Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.