17 April 2013

Wednesday

Wednesdays to Audrey means it's a school day. A day in which she needed to take an umbrella. An umbrella that we looked everywhere for and could not find. Since we were out of food anyway, we headed to the store to get both. We were in there maybe 5 minutes, before Allie said she had to go potty. This is the one thing I HATE about having kids who pee in toilets instead of their diapers. It was actually closer to leave the store and go out to our car than to travel across the store to theirs. We keep a potty seat in the van for such an occasion. During the 5 minutes we were in there, Audrey wasn't listening well. So much, that when we left I told her we weren't going back in and she would have to take one of my umbrellas today to school. I know she was just being a kid, but I've told her before not to "dance" in the produce section, play hopscotch down the center aisle of the store, or wonder three sections over to where I literally have to yell for her to hear me.

In the car, and Audrey's not thrilled that we didn't get a new umbrella and is pouting, Allie successfully makes it to our little potty in the car and I'm trying to congratulate her while I buckle Ava into her seat. -I can buckle Ava in to her seat while Allie does her thing and she doesn't go anywhere. Where as in a public bathroom, well, you can imagine how hard it is to hold her on one hip and try to keep Allie from falling into the big toilet. We strap everyone else in and head across the street to our favorite grocery store and Audrey is complaining about her umbrella and I tell her again, I have no idea where it is. Allie, then says, "Audrey, it's in the garage on the shelf." Well, thank you Allie, where were you about two hours ago when we were discussing this. And she was right. We got our groceries, and when we came home there was the umbrella with the other five we have, up high on a shelf in the garage where no one thought to look, but Allie somehow knew they were there.

A few highlights from the rest of the day:


Allie had her first two potty accidents, but in her defense they were common mistakes.

Audrey wore a pony tail on one side and a braid on the other to school. I made her put on matching shoes.

While Audrey was at school, and Ava asleep, Allie wanted to ride her bike again. It rained this morning so there were worms all over the patio. This bothered Allie. She told me to text Jeremy and tell him about the worms, and that she couldn't ride her bike because she didn't want to run over the worms. Oh, and that she wanted a puppy. I did as she asked. But in the meantime, she decided to turn on the hose and try to wash them away herself. When Jeremy texted back he said, " Hmmm. Tell her they taste great fried. I'll buy a puppy on the way home." 




cleaning off the worms.






Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.