I think it's safe to say that without massive therapy, Audrey won't be entering the nursing field. Now, she could surprise us and turn around as she gets older, but if we're going off family history, I look for her to aspire to be something non medical for a career.
Today during her kindergarten physical Audrey fainted. But not right away. I was watching her fairly close after our incident at Ava's one year check-up, and of all places, we were in the bathroom collecting a urine sample as part of the exam. She had just gotten her finger pricked about 7 minutes before. Audrey washed her hands first and I was finishing up and grabbing a towel when she just fell to the ground. She landed face first and hit her head pretty bad on the floor. At first I thought she tripped on her shoes, or slipped in some water. But when I went to pick her up and felt how limp her body was I realized she'd fainted again. She had been really complaining about the band-aid on her finger. She laughed, she was talking, and then out of the blue she kept asking if she could take it off when we got to the van, and the next thing I know she's on the ground.
So the nurse takes us back in to a room, takes her blood pressure and I just hold her for a little bit until she calms down. She was crying, uncontrollably at this point. Very scared, and her head hurt. She told me later her head felt wobbly and then she went to sleep (fainted). Poor baby.
The physical, prior to that, went fine. They weighed her, measured her height, we talked about homeschooling and private school, vitamin supplements, etc.
I did not take a picture before Audrey fainted and after she did, it was the farthest thing on my mind.
Thing is, her father, and uncles, and grandpa all faint easily when dealing with medical. At least she can't blame me for this.
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.