13 May 2011

Dance Recital Rehearsal

Tonight was the rehearsal for Audrey's dance class recital.  Since January she's been in pre-ballet and loves it. This will be her first ever recital or performance of any kind on a stage. I, as the mother, am quite nervous for her. Especially since she spent the first few weeks of April just standing there shyly when the parents were allowed to come in and watch the dance. I have been impressed the last few weeks. She's really come into her own at class. She no longer is afraid but does the dance right along with the other girls and even smiles a time or two. Her favorite parts she rehearses at home, and she can't wait to get in the car and watch her dance on my phone. Honestly, I think me "taping" it has helped her learn it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the stage, bright lights and audience don't throw her off.

This was a full out costume, hair in bun, and make-up rehearsal. Parents were not allowed back stage, nor in the auditorium to watch (boo) but I did snap one quick picture with my phone before being banned.  It's so hard to hear the music over the intercom and know your daughter is on stage, but not be able to watch.

She said she had fun and was all smiles when she returned to the dressing room. We packed up our feathers and came home. Tomorrow is a big day, her first recital with a birthday party for a friend sandwiched in-between a run through and the recital in the afternoon.

*These pictures were taken via my phone, the quality is poor. 







All the little birdies



hand in hand after being called to the stage...


the one semi cool picture I got in complete darkness backstage. All lined up and ready to go



Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.