24 May 2011

There's got to be a better way

Randomly the other day Audrey asks me if I could go buy a swimsuit so I could swim with her at the pool.

(heavy sigh)

This after she asked me why I was so fat the week before. Yes, my three year old daughter comes up to me, puts her hands on my stomach and says, "Mommy, why are you fat?" Not wanting to explain that when I hit 30 my metabolism too a dive off a steep cliff and that despite the last 4 months of intense workouts it continues to be slower than molasses, I simply said, "Because I had two babies."

So, I'm really dreading going swimsuit shopping. But I don't see a way out of this.

a few days later.......

As we're driving down the road, we pass the water park and I say,

"I guess Mommy needs to go find a swimsuit."

Audrey: Do you want one like me?

me: (laugh) yes, Audrey, I would love a swimsuit like yours.

I resisted the urge to ask if they came in my size, afraid of her answer!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they've come out with a suit that magically hides all cellulite.



Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.