This morning we met a few friends at the zoo.
Audrey kept asking where the giraffe was. (That's her favorite). I told her this zoo doesn't have animals that big. The monkeys started screaming when we were visiting them and it was the loudest, most annoying sound I think I've witnessed (outside of our house alarm going off). Audrey liked looking on her laminated sheet to find the different birds in the rainforest.
Allie was very content to sit in the stroller and observe the animals and the older kids around her. It was field trip day for every school in the state it seemed, so the zoo was packed! We did not play on the playground. It was swarming with children like bees to honey. What a parenting nightmare.
After the zoo, we went and ate our picnic lunch at a park where they had the slides all to themselves. In fact, Audrey, Allie, Lily and Owen were the only kids at this park. After a few times down the slide, we learned an important lesson. From now on it will be skorts or shorts when going down slides or playing on the playground equipment. It goes beyond showing your underwear.....enough said. And, I will always grab tennis shoes for my flip flop wearing girl whenever we leave the house.
This Friday turned out to be very busy. We left this morning to walk and ride bikes with friends at a neighboring park and from there decided to go to the zoo. The kids were starving when we left so we took a picnic lunch of McDonalds to another park, came home, had quick naps and then half a dozen friends and their kids came over for a happy hour. Whew. Today I relived again the importance of packing gluten free snacks in the diaper bag. I had not and fast food and gluten free tend to not compliment each other. When we arrived home at 2 p.m., I was starving!
 |
| Lily and Auds |
 |
| Wallabies |
 |
| Hayden, Owen, Lily, Audrey |
 |
| Owen and Hayden |
 |
| animal crackers! is what they were eating here |
 |
| looking at the black bear |
 |
| trying to find the birds on her sheet |
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.