08 May 2011

Mother's Day


Mother's Day 2011

I woke up to the aroma of freshly made coffee, with just the right amount of cream on my bedside table. The warm raspberry white chocolate scone my husband had gotten up early to make me for breakfast was divine. My two adorable girls come waltzing in my bedroom all dressed and hair done for church. My husband had ironed their dresses and braided their hair. Allie brought me a bouquet of spring flowers and Audrey sang me a song. I sat and listened and watched my wonderful children while my homemade breakfast melted in my mouth. When I get ready this morning I find I'd lost some weight and could fit into all my old clothes. I quickly get dressed and ready as the limo is waiting.........

You're right. I made that up. Instead my Mother's Day went more like this: 

My husband allowed me to sleep in both Saturday and Sunday. He did wake up before me to make breakfast. I had requested scones but my husband claimed he didn't know what a scone was. Instead he made a breakfast of: two kinds of bacon, sausage, fried eggs, coffee, hash browns and strawberries. 

We then went to church and spent the majority of the day outside working in our new garden and shopping for plants. I took a lot of pictures. 

For both our Mother's Day and Father's Day we got the armoire that matches our bedroom set. It's been discontinued. There were only five left anywhere, so we thought we should get it while we could. Therefore, no Stella and Dot necklace or diamonds for me this Mother's Day. 

I'm not in a sappy mood today so I'll leave it at this: I love being a Mom. 

Even without scones.   



Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.