31 May 2011

Sighting at the Supermarket

My children are always coming up with new ways to embarrass me.

Today in Jewel Audrey starts exclaiming "Mom, I see Santa!" I continue pushing the cart and essentially ignore her as she then proclaims it's snowing outside. Ok. She's pretending. This happens a million times a day. Then, a few aisles later, somewhere between the frozen vegetables and gluten free waffles she says it again, "Mom, look, there's Santa!" And again, "Mom, look....Santa!" Then, out of the corner of my eye I see the only other person sharing the frozen section with us. An older heavier set gentleman with white hair and a hat. I immediately turn so my back  (I assume it was a man, as I didn't dare look that way) and smile briefly to myself.  I did find it funny. Although quite embarrassing. Trying to make it sound like she's indeed telling a story, I ask her if it's still snowing outside as we quickly move down the aisle. I think we're almost out of ear shot when she says again, "But Mom, there's Santa!"

Had this been anytime after November  I would have been saved. There are tons of Santa's everywhere that time of year! But May 31st is no doubt Santa's off season.



Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.