This Saturday will be Audrey's first dance/ballet recital. Tonight was pictures. They had to come in full costume with hair/make-up done. We only did lip gloss for pictures but I do plan to put make-up on her for the recital. They took a group picture and individual ones. Now, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Saturday, but I will not be surprised if she stands there much like she did tonight, staring at all the adults trying to get her to smile, barely looking up, with her finger in her mouth. She's not only shy, but stubborn. The photographer looks at me and says, "Make her smile, Mom" and I thought, well, give me your camera and I will! She's not used to having other people take her picture and I'm a little lost in that realm if I'm not behind the lens. She didn't pose like the other girls but I think we got a small smile in the end. Glad I didn't order too many!
She's doing better in the last few weeks with her reserved behavior. She talked up a storm with their pediatrician and all the nurses a few weeks ago. And even though she's never been that friendly in that environment, those were people that she's seen for three years. It seems to be people and things that are brand new. She won't just jump in the water without wading in it first. Overall, not a bad thing.
I grabbed the wrong lens tonight, but here are some pictures of Audrey in her Kookaburra outfit.
![]() |
| Audrey with the other Kookaburras |
![]() |
| the little girls gathered around some of the older dancers. I have no idea what they were talking about but Audrey seemed pretty interested in what they were saying. |
Sarah




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.